St Peter’s Primary first opened its classroom doors to students and families of Port Macquarie in 1993 with four classes – Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 – and 94 students from seven different schools in attendance.
From humble beginnings St Peter’s Primary has continued to grow – from a small one stream school to two streams in 1994 and then 3 streams in 2012, to accommodate the demand for quality Catholic education.
Today the school has grown to over 500 students, with over 50 staff who support the development and wellbeing of each child. St Peter’s Primary has modern and contemporary learning spaces and facilities. The Catholic identity and tradition of the school, are characterised by Christian attitudes, values and practices in a welcoming and caring educational environment. Each student’s personal growth and the pursuit of learning within the Catholic context is nurtured, promoted and celebrated in partnership with parents, pastors, Parish and the wider community.
St Peter's Primary - then and now
At St Peter’s Primary the Success in our vision equals Growth in :-
- Living out my faith and sharing my gifts
- Gratitude, acceptance, tolerance, mindfulness,
- Positivity to myself, others and our environment
- My ability to self-manage emotions
- Being resilient, being happy and being helpful
- My awareness of being part of a community
- My ability to participate using appropriate interactions
- My self-confidence and my ability to make positive choices
- My ability to be a self-motivated, self-reflective risk taker in my learning.
- Having a growth mindset
- My ability to transfer and connect my learning
At St Peter’s Primary we have four core values that we want to instill in our children. We want them to
- Be like Jesus
- Be Respectful
- Be a Learner
- Be Safe