The Biripi people are the traditional custodians of the land on which St Peter’s stands. This is acknowledged through actions, words, signs and symbols that are embedded in the culture of St Peter’s.
St Peter’s has strong links to the Biripi people and we are proud of our Indigenous Program that includes:
- An Indigenous Support Teacher, who assists children in learning more about their history and culture as well as supporting staff and the community about Indigenous education
- NAIDOC Week celebrations, facilitated by Biripi community members
- Personalised Learning Plans for our Indigenous students
- Guest speakers and community, members who provide valuable insight into our Indigenous culture
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives embedded in the curriculum